This exhilarating experience starts with a 30-minutes drive to Ad-Diriyah, located on the western bank of the Wadi Hanifah, a dry riverbed where water flows only after big rains. Ad-Diriyah used to be the capital of the Najd (the central plateau of the Arabian Peninsula) from the 15th century until the beginning of the 18th century.
It is the birthplace of the first Saudi Kingdom, and its importance in the history of the Arabian Peninsula was highlighted when it was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2010 as the most brilliant example of Najdi architecture.
The history of Ad-Diriyah dates back thousands of years as it was on an ancient trade and pilgrimage route, acting as a meeting point for those traveling to or from Asia, Africa, and Europe.
Your visit to the site exposes you to its incredible architecture before returning to downtown Riyadh. As you drive towards the city, you will have the opportunity to admire the rapid development of this cosmopolitan capital, planned by the Saudi government to become the biggest metropole in the Middle East in the next 10 years.
- This experience offers both shared and private tours.
- Both types of tours include transportation, a driver guide that speaks English or Arabic and entrance fees to Dirriyah.
- Children up to 11 years old can benefit from a 30% discount.
Experience Duration and Schedules
- The half day sightseeing tour lasts 4 hours.
- The suggested pick up time for the shared tour is 9:00 am.
- The suggested pick up time for the private tours is 9 am.
- The shared tour is available on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- The private tours are available daily throughout the week.
Prices & Packages
- Prices differ between shared and private tours.
- Prices are per person.
- Shared tour for 2 people: 379 SAR.
- Private tour for 2 people: 608 SAR.
- Private tour for 3 people: 450 SAR.
- Private tour for 4 people: 371 SAR.
- Private tour for 5 people: 326 SAR.
- Private tour for 6 people: 293 SAR.
Get More Information
If you have questions or need more information in order to book this experience, please contact our customer support team via the options available under the ‘Need help?’ section on this page.
Your booking can be canceled with a 100% guaranteed refund if you contact us at least 24 hours prior to your reservation time.